For over a year, our work here at FemHype has grown at an exciting rate. We were lucky enough to meet some of you at IndieCade and GaymerX (a few of our writers even attended GDC!), and we’re looking forward to meeting even more friends from our community at PAX East next month. It’s been a wild ride so far, and I’m enormously proud of the amazing community that has come together from that tiny little idea I had way back in November 2015.
This all sounds very ominous, doesn’t it? It’s just important to me that I continue to reflect on how far we’ve all come, and I’m so grateful for all of the opportunities that came along the way.
In the interest of complete transparency, as I respect each and every one of you who signed up—and continue to join—this incredible journey, there are some changes coming to us in the future. As many of you already know, FemHype
has been entirely sustained on my own personal savings with the extremely generous help of our Patreon supporters and a few one-time PayPal donations. We’re very grateful for your assistance!
After a great deal of consideration, Paige and I had to make the tough decision to rethink our approach to FemHype’s future. We will be pursuing alternate opportunities, which means we won’t be able to update FemHype as routinely as before. We put together a list of what, exactly, will be changing, which you can find after the jump.
- We will be closing the Patreon and Etsy accounts on April 1, 2016. (Not an April Fool’s joke!) Any one-time PayPal donations will be used to fund keeping the site live.
- #FemHypeYT will continue with infrequent updates as per our schedules.
- #FemHypeFriday, our Twitch stream, will most likely continue, but not on a weekly basis. Follow us on social media for updates on that!
- Frequency of posts on FemHype will be dependent on both the amount of submissions received and my availability.
- Social media accounts will remain live, but updated less. This is dependent upon the above variables and our time constraints. (Follow Paige @GLaDOS_hype!)
I sincerely hope you decide to stick with us during this transition, which will all start going into affect in April. It’s been an honor and a pleasure getting to speak to and work with all of you. I believe very strongly in FemHype, and I intend to keep that momentum going. If I’m able, I also intend to keep up the Sunday Loot series so that we can continue boosting the efforts of creators and developers alike. This community has stood as a space for all women and nonbinary folk to discuss their love of games, and that work, in whatever form it takes, will continue as long as you need it.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, don’t hesitate to send along an email to FemHype@gmail.com. I’d be happy to elaborate to the best of my ability! Thank you for joining me on this adventure, and from all of us here at FemHype, we’re very happy that you’re here with us. ❤