So I’m moseying around on Tumblr, minding my own
BiowareBiowareBioware business, and lo and behold, what appears to be a new DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition was just leaked. It’s called “Trespasser,” and many fans are speculating that it was intended to be revealed at PAX this weekend. You can watch the trailer on YouTube right now (though I’d recommend that you hurry, as the initial video I saw has already been pulled down). The description on the original video allegedly read as follows:
“Visit DragonAge.com to be aware of the latest news: http://bit.ly/1NLkq9k Captured with the motor current. Decide the fate of the Inquisition in this exciting final of a player! In the epilogue of the story it has been two years and the inquisition is needed again. Gather your team. Stop the Qunari threat. Defend your legacy … Dragon Age: Inquisition – Trespasser will be available on September 8, 2015 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One! Access EA members will have a 10% discount.”
In case the current trailer is (inevitably) taken down, let’s review what we think we know about “Trespasser.” Bring plenty of tissues with you and be sure to share with me, okay? Also, if it wasn’t already obvious, here be spoilers!
Update 8/29: Bioware has just released the official trailer! We’ve also edited the name of the DLC to avoid confusion (both titles were floating around earlier).
- The DLC takes place two years following the events of Inquisition. In a very Mass Effect fashion, the powers that be are totally fed up with the Inquisitor and their efforts to save the world. We get to see the Inquisitor actually lose their shit, and I quote:
“We saved Ferelden, and they’re angry. We saved Orlais, and they’re angry. We closed the Breach twice, and my own hand wants to kill me! Could one thing in this bloody world just stay fixed!”
- Solas is back. Solas is back. (Please gaze at the glory of this gifset and weep with me.) Can you drop some paper bag gifs in the comments? I’m asking for a friend.
- This is not a drill, people. We’re looking at further interaction and possibly even an alliance with ancient elves. As a person who consistently plays elves and has a Dalish Inquisitor, I can tell you, this will keep me up at night.
- A Qunari invasion. Pretty metal, right? Okay but they’re traveling through the eluvians. RIP Inquisition & co.
- Possibly more political games to wade through. Hell yeah, Josephine! It looks like the rest of Thedas isn’t so cool with you waving your chosen weapon around anymore. Will “Trespassers” put all those Kings Landing scenes in Telltale’s Game of Thrones to shame? I don’t know if my nerves can handle it, but bring it on anyway.
What are your thoughts on the DLC? Totally cool, totally uncool, or are you of the select few who have yet to even play any of the Dragon Age games? Because, um. As your friendly neighborhood trash gamer, I’m here to tell you that you need to play this immediately and then get back to me with fic recs.