‘Life Is Strange,’ So Play This Drinking Game While You’re Waiting for Episode 4
I have a love/hate relationship with Life Is Strange. As an Oregon resident for the past four years, I appreciated the Pacific Northwest vibe in the game, but disliked the stereotypes of Native Americans, mental illness, and even truckers. Still, I can’t help myself from playing and enjoying myself. (Maybe it’s because of the parallels to Twilight.)
The other day I had an epiphany. I could take my conflicting feelings for Arcadia Bay and turn it into a drinking game, because why not? It also keeps replaying episodes 1-3 fresh while I’m waiting for the next one to be released. Not to promote alcoholism, of course, though I do want to make a point. Stay with me here.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Shots and/or drinks (whatever you fancy)
- Water (you’ll see)
- Life Is Strange + a platform to play it on
Take a shot/drink when …
- Anyone uses slang that you have to look up on UrbanDictionary (“hella,” “twee,” etc.)
- Any time Max is standing up to a man and/or fighting the patriarchy (Nathan, Wells, Madsen, etc.)
- Whenever Max says something nerdy (“Release the Kra-Can!” + “My Precious”)
- Every time you visit the Two Whales Diner
- Rachel Amber is mentioned + shout “FRANK DIDN’T DO IT!”
- You play music that you don’t recognize
- You make a decision that you immediately regret, but you don’t want to rewind (or can’t)
- Max talks about using her powers for something petty (more sleep, being on time for class)
- You have the option to “Blame Victoria” and you don’t choose it
Drink WATER when …
- Warren texts you (for every text he sends)
- You have the option “Blame Victoria” and you choose it.
- Samuel is called something derogatory (“crazy” counts)
- You find negative graffiti about Kate
- You find a culturally inappropriate t-shirt, comment, or image (Max’s sugar skull tee)
Nosh* on your favorite snack when …
- You take a picture of a wild animal (dead or alive)
- You snoop (even if you’re supposed to)
- Chloe calls David Madsen a colorful nickname (“step-prick”)
- You get a threatening text from a private number
- You hear something about the “unusual weather” of Arcadia Bay
*Nosh: to snack on.
Nice to play with friends or alone if you’re into solitaire. Let me know how it goes @GLaDOS_hype!