For six months, our little FemHype community has been growing rapidly. Every day, we’re making more friends on our Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook accounts (not to mention the comments section) who have an enthusiastic adoration for games and a desire to discuss how best to help games culture grow. We’ve said it before, but we’ll say it again: thank you for your support and welcome to the FemHype community!
If you weren’t sure whether you wanted to contribute or not, we hope this post will answer some of your questions and inspire you to share your totally awesome creativity with the blog. Not all of us agree on everything discussed about games here, but what we do agree is that it’s incredibly important to foster a positive, safe environment where we can have a discussion in the first place. And that’s precisely what FemHype is: your safe space to talk about and share your thoughts on games in whatever capacity you feel inspired.
Now to the fun part! The following are the most common questions we get from the community. If for any reason your inquiry wasn’t addressed in this post or on our FAQ page, feel free to drop it in the comments below. We’ll get to you, not to worry!
What types of posts are you looking for?
While you’re always encouraged to submit whatever games-related piece you feel inspired to write or craft, we’re currently highly intrigued by the following content:
- Comics + Fanart (No prior art experience necessary.)
- DIY + How-Tos (Share your creative projects to inspire others!)
- List Posts (You’re free to use .gifs if you credit the maker.)
I’m genderfluid/nonbinary. Can I still contribute?
Most definitely! If you feel comfortable sharing your thoughts on games, this space is always welcome to you. Many of our writers don’t identify within the gender binary, so you’re in good company here.
What about men? How can I get involved?
There are tons of ways men can help support our cause. Not only are you guys a large part of our audience, but you’ve consistently shared our work. We see you and sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm! Here are some ways you can get directly involved:
- Are you a game developer working on a project featuring women, POC, and/or LGBTQIA+ characters? We’d be happy to review your game or interview you about it! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you ASAP with the procedure.
- Spread the word about FemHype! This is probably obvious, but it’s the most important one. We’re still building our community and even just word of mouth will help the cause.
- Encourage people you know to contribute. Do they talk about games a lot to you? Feel passionate about something in the industry? We’d love to hear from them!
- Join the discussion! If something in one of our articles strikes you, leave a comment or reblog with your thoughts. We foster a positive, open forum here for everyone.
- Donations always help, but it doesn’t have to just be money. If you have a Steam key you’re not using? Donate it! We’ll pass it along to the community as a giveaway.
With your help, we can continue building this awesome space for equally awesome voices. ✌
I’m a game dev! Will you review my game or interview my team?
Of course! We’ve conducted several interviews with amazing, up-and-coming game development teams already, and we’re always delighted to meet more. If you feel your game is in-line with our mission to fight for more inclusivity within this industry, by all means, send us an email at email@example.com for more information on our process.
How can I keep updated on all things FemHype?
Simple: click the sidebar on the left side of the main page and hit the Follow button under the Categories section. You’ll receive one email update per day. And that’s it! We also encourage you to follow our aforementioned Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook accounts for bonus commentary on more fun promotions, commentary, and general silliness.
You didn’t answer my awesome question!
Drop it in the comments below and we’ll keep the FAQ page updated!