In an effort to support more diverse games with women leading the narrative, we decided a giveaway was in order. To kick off our first ever freebie contest, two recent games were chosen, both of which perfectly exemplify the FemHype mission statement. What games are up for loot, you ask?
The first is Child of Light, a platforming RPG where a girl embarks on a quest to find her home and return the sun, moon, and stars through sweeping, mythical visuals. Never Alone, as the second possibility, is a deeply moving puzzle game that follows a story based on Alaskan indigenous folklore where a native girl must restore balance. Both games were well-received this past year, lauded as much for their lady-led gameplay as their fearless drive to break new ground in video games. It’s so important that we foster a welcoming environment to herald this new age. Will you join us to take part in shaping the industry?
For a chance to win a copy of either Child of Light or Never Alone, please read the following guidelines!
Guidelines & Details
- To enter, retweet/reblog one (or both) of the following posts: Twitter & Tumblr.
- You can share as many times as you like, but if we see this being abused, we’ll ask that you stop.
- There will be 2 winners. One will be selected at random from either platform, so sharing both posts could, essentially, double your chances.
- You don’t have to be following either account, but it helps our little community grow! The more readers we have, the more we can host fun giveaways like this one to support women in gaming.
- If you would prefer to pass your loot on to someone else, let us know when you’re contacted. No need to specify that when sharing.
- Child of Light is available on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, Xbox 360, & Microsoft Windows.
- Never Alone is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, & Microsoft Windows.
- If you win, we’ll ask which platform you would prefer the game to be on.
- Deadline: Wednesday, January 28th. Any entries after that point will be disqualified. 😦
That’s it! Pretty simple, right? If you have any questions or need further clarification on something, don’t hesitate to drop us a note in the comments.